Kyle Stuckey - Artist
Kyle Stuckey began studying art during his high school years through private instruction through Lori Woodward Simons, and workshops given by Mike Malm at Scottsdale Artist School in Scottsdale, AZ. Kyle works mostly in oil. His work is strongly influenced by his study of historical artists, including J.W. Waterhouse, William Bougereau, John Singer Sargent, Anders Zorn, and Lawrence Alma-Tadema. Over the years, he has developed and refined his style as a contemporary, realism artist. He enjoys painting a variety of subject matter, whether it be landscape, still life, or figurative. His goal is to accomplish an accurate rendering of the subject's beauty, through form, light, and color.
"I paint what I want the world to see. I try to share with others what I find to be beautiful. I want to paint what is pleasing to the eye or interesting. My desire is for the viewer to see my subject matter as I see it, and show them why I find it beautiful. If I can do that, then I have accomplished my goal".
Kyle has recently relocated to Nevada where he looks forward to experiencing firsthand the beauty of the western landscape.
Kyle offers portrait commissions which range from the traditional head-and-shoulders portrait, to a painting which conveys a more relaxed mood. He accomplishes this by depicting the subject in a pose which is more in keeping with their personality, showing them in a familiar setting, etc.
Kyle's works are available through his studio and the following galleries:
Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ
Sanders Gallery, Tucson, AZ
Stuckey is a member of The Putney Painters, an invitational group, mentored by Richard Schmid and Nancy Guzik
Awards and Honors:
- Finalist : International Art Renewal Center Salon, 2013/2014
- Junius Allen Memorial Award through the Salmagundi Club's Junior Artist & Scholarship Members' Award in NYC - 2014
- First Place award in oil category: Art in the Park, Keene, NH - 2013
- Finalist: The Artist's Magazine Cover Competition - Dec. '13 issue
- Acceptance into NYC's Salmagundi Club - 2013
- Finalist in International Art Renewal Center Salon, 2011/2012
- Article: Art of the West Magazine, January/February 2012
- Top 10 Finalist: American Artist Cover Competition 2011
- Best of Show Award: Bold Brush Competition, September 2010
- Feature article: SouthWest Art Magazine, June 2010
- Second Place award: SouthWest Art Magazine:
"21 Under 31" Competition, 2009
- Scholarship: Scottsdale Artists School, 2006